Friday, March 13, 2009

'Round the Bend

Tarpon Bend, that is. This isn’t your usual bar. Yes, you’ll find happy hour goers enjoying the daily 2-for-1 drink special, starting as early as 4 p.m.; and, yes, after a certain time, people do get rowdy and a little loud. But, the main reason that this isn’t your usual bar is because of their unbelievable food.

I know what your going to say, "This site is called Miami Bites, not Ft. Lauderdale Bites!" But, no worries, they have two locations, one in Ft. Lauderdale and one in Coral Gables. I was in the neighborhood and decided to visit the Broward location. I started with their daily-offered Nantucket Sound Clam Chowder. I am a huge fan of chowder and, from experience, I know it can go very wrong, but this Tarpon Bend version was oh so right. Next up, I ordered their Crab Cake Burger. Blue crab cake with nothing but lettuce and tomato made for a simple and fresh bite. Now, this is what I call seafood at its best—uncomplicated and affordable.

Bring anyone you want to share a good meal with here, and they’ll love you forever.

Address:
Neighborhood: Downtown Ft. Lauderdale
200 SW 2nd St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
www.tarponbend.com

Price Range: $10-20/plate
Some Menu Favorites: Any chowder . Crab Cake Burger . Skewered Shrimp . Aged NY Strip Steak

No comments: